Monday, September 10, 2007

A nice weekend.

I had a nice weekend. Friday evening Jim and I picked up our 14 year-old grandson, Cody, for the weekend. First we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant, Cozumel, where I enjoyed cheese dip, chips. refried beans and enchiladas. They both relished the grilled shrimp, along with refried beans, Pico de Gallo and salad fixins.

Then I treated my husband to the movies to see this.



As I've mentioned before, I do not care for westerns. Unfortunately that is my husbands favorite. However, I did enjoy this movie. Naturally Jim had seen the original movie.

Saturday we went to town and bought Jim a new tool box for his truck. I was so frustrated with the other one because it wouldn't stay latched and the lid would constantly come open. I am so glad to be rid of that one.

Then we went to Lowe's to pick up a few items for our project. I haven't mentioned this so far because I had thought we would have been finished by now and could show you pictures. But a few weeks ago I had taken a weeks vacation to redo our foyer/living room/dining room. I will save most of the details for a later post. This weekend though, we removed a VERY HEAVY cast iron wood stove from the living room and installed a fireplace. We had purchased this fireplace 2 or 3 years ago, but decided later not to use it. I am wanting him to build some cabinet/shelves on one wall, so we decided to change out the wood stove (which we never used because all the heat went up the flue) and put in the fireplace instead. Then hopefully he will build around it.

So for now, we're still working on it.

No comments: