Saturday, October 20, 2007

Trust in the Lord with all Thine Heart.....



Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not on your own understanding.


Today I was mowing on the tractor and I had my 4-1/2 year-old grandson, Ethan, riding with me. He was sitting on my lap and I had my arms wrapped around him so he wouldn't fall or anything. The longer we rode the more relaxed his body become. (Which didn't necessarily make it any easier on his Gannie, but nonetheless he was relaxed). I began to think about how trusting he was of me and how, as adults, we should be as trusting with our heavenly Father. Time after time the Lord shows us how he loves us, protects us, guides us, etc. But some of us have to learn this each and every time.

As he became even more relaxed he began to lean on me more. Do I lean on the Lord like I should?

Finally Ethan collapsed in my arms, laying his head on my chest, and falling asleep. At that moment I thought of how so many times in our life we only collapse in our Saviour' arms after we have exhausted everything we as carnal minds can think of to make our situations better. Again, He has shown us numerous times that He is in control of our lives and we know that His way will far surpass anything we could have imagined. So why can't we Trust in Him with all thine heart, just as he wants us to?

No comments: