Friday, December 08, 2006

Getting Behind

SINGING

Last Thursday night after I got off work we headed to Florida to do our annual Toys of Love Benefit. This is a benefit that our promotor personally started in his area and I think this is about our 11th one we have done with him. It is similiar to the Toys for Tots program where you bring an unwrapped gift for a child. In addition they take up a love offering to donate for food baskets, etc. that are needed during this Holiday season.

According to our carnal time-frame, it was "just in time" that the Lord blessed us with a motor home to make the trip. We usually take at least 2 vehicles and pull a trailer for the equipment. So it was very nice that we could all travel together in the motor home. By all I mean, Paul, Cody, Lisa, Danny, Kyle, Leslie, Raylynne, Mark, Jim and I. Even though it was much better than riding in cars, when you get that many people in a space, there is never enough room. LOL

It is a wonderful experience to be a part of such a worthy cause. Not only are the children able to have Christmas but we are so blessed just by all of us being together, and seeing old friends that we have met through the years. It is all such a blessing to each of us.


RECOVERING

Needless to say when you travel 18 hours straight with 9 other people, have a lack of sleep, setup equipment, practice for a short time, then perform, then visit friends until almost 2 am, rise again at 6:00 and travel 18 hours again, plus saying goodbyes that you don't want to say, and arriving home at 5:30 am, and Jim and I being in our 50's, we just don't recover as quickly as we use to. So Monday we are moving at a slower pace.

CLEANING

I had also taken Monday off from work so I did laundry and cleaned out the motor home.

I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

However I'm behind reading my blogs and I haven't had much opportunity to write until now!! But I am trying to catch up, so bare with me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds like so much fun. What a blessing