Monday, December 11, 2006

Just rattling on......

Has anyone else accepted the upgrade for Internet Explorer 7? Well I did late Friday afternoon on my computer at work. I'm still trying to figure some of it out. Sometimes I think they should leave a good thing alone. I think I like the tab feature but I didn't have any complaints about the previous version.

I haven't made the switch yet to Beta Blogger. I was so frustrated when I first using Blogger that I'm a little nervous about changing just yet.

I had a very nice calm weekend. Unusual for me. Jim was working and I had decided to put up the Christmas tree and decorations. So I was alone until about 4:30. While my husband doesn't like to be alone, I cherish those moments. And since I had decided to do a simpler Christmas this year, everything went very smoothly and I was able to enjoy the day.

It was just such a calmer, relaxing weekend that I long for more.

I need to start my Christmas shopping this week. I kind of know what I what to get everyone so it's just a matter of getting it. I'm planning to do that on Wednesday.

Jim and I watched "The Christmas Box" video last night. I had read the book by Richard Paul Evans several years ago and purchased this video last year, but we had never watched it. I also have "The Timepiece" which is a sequel to The Christmas Box. I have read that book also.

Tonight we may watch "Christmas with the Kranks" or one of my favorites, "One Magic Christmas". My boys and I have enjoyed that one since they were real young.

I pray that next year my youngest son and his family will be living here and we can celebrate Christmas with all of our kids and their families. It has been several years since we have been together for this holiday. For that I will decorate the 12' tree!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I watched The Christmas Box last week. I love it. I've seen it several times.

And I'm like you. I love it when I can have a whole day to myself. If I go too long without some alone time, I start getting crabby!