Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Results Are In!

I want to thank everyone who participated in the meme I sent out Monday. As I got to following some of the tags and comments I was rather surprised by some of the choices. So in case anyone else was interested I thought I would post the results I came up with. I know a few people haven't had a chance to answer their tags yet, but these results are based on 18 participates. The remaining numbers went to no preferences, didn't answer question, or odd brand (I don't mean odd by it was a strange choice, just there was maybe only 1 chosen of that brand).

TEA - First of all it was hands-down on the Luzianne being the overall favorite 11 to 2.

TP - While the "Double" rolls won out consistenly in any brand, Charmin, Cottonelle and Quilted Northern were tied with 3 each. Angel Soft won with 4.

CEREAL - The ceral was quite a variety. Although Frosted Mini Wheats was the favorite here but only by 1 voite, followed by Kashi, other healthy choices such as Smart Start, Heart Smart, Granola, Raisin Bran, and others.

DISHWASHER DETERGENT - I was beginning to think that Sunlight was going to win out with 4 but Cascade pulled through with 7. There were also some Palmolives and Electrosol. The liquid was definitely the preferred form. This one surprised me and I think I'm probably going to have to try Sunlight just to see if I might like it better than Cascade.

FRUIT - I'm glad to share that most everyone had difficulty deciding on which fruit they preferred the most, because they liked so many of them. So I went with the first one listed unless otherwise stated further in their answer. However, strawberries won with 5 and watermelon, peaches and apple came in with 2's. Also included was nectars, bananas, mango, grapes and oranges.

DETERGENT - This is another one which surprised me with Gain coming through as the #1 choice. Tide followed with 4. Also included was Wisk, Cheer and All. I have tried Gain a couple of times and while I personally like it ok, my husband always asks "did you use a different detergent?" He has a very sensitive smeller and the smell is too strong for him. He can't even walk down the detergent aisle!!!!

CHOCOLATE - This did not surprise me at all. There was 16 "yes'es", 1 "no answer" and 1 EW! (Which goes out to Barb.........don't be too hard on her).

RIGHT/LEFT HANDED - Not surprising was 16 right-hands and 2 left-hands.

DEBIT - Since we are all so "up in the times" the majority uses debit cards and the occasional check, even several people still carry cash.

Once again, thank you for your participation.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Girl Raised in the South said...

Oh Cheryl, I let you down. I so tried to get to this, but baby Landon just sucked up all our free time. Not that I'm complaining, I keep giving him kisses, knowing when he's 10 he wont let me near his little face. So here it is for me - Lipton, have used it forever, Cottontelle, Gain, Cascade,I love all the watermelon my sister hates, I have to use Dove unscented because I have stupid sensitive skin, dont really like chocolate (with my sister on that one), right handed, plain ole cheerios with a sliced banana on top, and cant remember what else you asked me. Give me a try another time. I'm home from mid-October til we leave for a cruise next spring, to celebrate our 25th anniversary a year late. I swear I'm not going anywhere after our trip out west unless it involves a very large ship, lots of food, and a swimsuit. We won't talk about the 15 lbs that need to disappear in the meantime. At least I dont like chocolate much - that should make it at least possible. Watermelon and cheerios - not fattening, right?

Girl Raised in the South said...

PS - Saw I skipped cash or debit, etc. I'm a Dave Ramsey nut, so we do a lot of cash, some debit, and a rare check here and there for haircuts, dog grooming, etc. Most of our bills are paid online so theres little check writing anymore. Cash hurts to spend. Best way in the world to cut down on what you spend, handing over cash for something. Okay, I'm done.

Ashley Lasbury said...

Interesting results.

Thanks for stopping by last week. It's been nuts around here...as usual. This is the first chance I have gotten to look at last Fridays post.