Sunday, January 21, 2007

Breakfast Time

The other day Jim hit a squirrel (he really doesn't do it intentionally), so he stopped and picked it up, cleaned it and put it in the fridge.

This morning I cooked it for breakfast.




Along with ....


Chocolate Gravy

and....

Biscuits. Yummmmm.


Well if you have never had Chocolate Gravy let me tell you.... Well the first time Jim mentioned it to me all I could imagine was making white gravy and adding some cocoa to it, which, even though I looooovvvvve chocolate, didn't remotely sound appetizing. But that isn't the way you make it at all. It is delicious...if you like chocolate.

I use this recipe that I found a few years ago in Guideposts.

3/4 cup sugar
3 tblspns all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 tblspns cocoa
pinch of salt
2 tblspns butter

Sift dry ingredients together in a saucepan, mix in milk slowly. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and smooth (I let it just begin to boil). Add butter and vanilla. Serve over hot biscuits. Hmmmmmm!

I make this because it tastes good and because it is easy. So to make it even easier I don't bother to sift my ingredients.

Let me know if you try this and what you thought of it.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Oh, Cheryl. You're just going to have to excuse me from breakfast. I ate so much squirrel growing up, the very thought, well....and I think everyone knows by now that I'm a freak of nature - I don't like chocolate. I know. It's pathetic. :-)