Monday, January 01, 2007

IT'S 2007!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I can remember as a child thinking that by the time we reached the year 2000 we would be flying around in vehicles like "The Jetsons", pushing buttons to prepare meals, robots to clean the house, etc. Well we do have robotic vacumns, lots of gadgets to help in cooking, but we just aren't flying like that yet. Which I think may be a blessing now!

I quit making resolutions years ago.

I guess if I have some OCD it would be that I like to have an organized office space. Which for the past couple of months I have felt rather displaced when it comes to my office. I can't quite get things worked out in just the right functional manner. While I normally am excited about starting a new year and getting all my files new again, etc. I can't seem to get into it this year. I don't know if its because I have so many different things I need to do, and want to do, that I can't seem to decide which one I'm going to do. And one thing I have learned about myself is that sometimes if I don't think I am going to accomplish something "perfectly", I just won't do it at all. Hopefully I will get over this soon...real soon...and will get started on something.

Ethan left to go home this morning. That makes me sad.

I have a prayer request for my husband, Jim. He has had glaucoma since he was a young boy. In the last 15 years he has had 3 trabeculectomy surgeries (2 on his good eye and 1 on his blind eye). His last surgery was in 1999 and with that surgery he also received a miracle. Not only was his vision so good he could read the finest print without his glasses, but he no longer had to use medication to control the pressures. Mind you he still had no depth perception, but I would have to get him to read things for me, cause I can't read without my glasses. He knows he has been very blessed these past 7 years. However, recently his pressure had increased and now he is back on the drops. As with so many medications there are side effects and with using the Cosopt eye drops he is experiencing extreme headaches. I can't imagine pushing forward everyday to work, etc., dad after day and not receiving a break from the pain. It makes for a very trying day. So please say a prayer on his behalf that these headaches will subside.

Well I'm off now to do "something", whichever task I can decide on.

May God bless you throughout this new year!

1 comment:

Girl Raised in the South said...

Hello Cheryl, its been awhile since I stopped in for a visit. Sorry to hear of your husband's eye problems. My father has glaucoma and has to do the drops. He doesnt have the headaches and I cant imagine having to deal with that. I will commit to pray for him.