Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Family Table

Everytime we have a family gathering we have to turn the rectangle kitchen table the other direction and set up another smaller table next to it just so we can all be together. So I've been sort of shopping around for a new one. I was wanting one that would sit 8 people and I haven't been able to find very many of that kind.......within my budget anyway.

I had noticed one at Sam's a couple of weeks ago though. Before I go any further I have to admit that sometimes when I save up money to buy a particular item and then when I actually go to make the purchase I have a hard time letting go of the money. So I'm not much of an impulsive buyer. That's why when I saw this particular table at Sam's I didn't go ahead and buy it. But when I returned and it was still there and I looked it over real good I decided I would go ahead and get it.

Here it is....one of those counter-top height tables:



It has the leaf in it that folds up inside of the table itself. No more storing the leaf under my bed!


Paul assembled it for me. He said the chairs were very solid. They required like 6 bolts plus they had about 3 already in them. I know they are heavy. It really seems to be made very well.

Because it is a square table as opposed to rectangle it has a larger span across. So I have to work my way around it when I am wiping up after meals. I can't just reach across and wipe from one position.

I love this table. I love sitting at it and I love the way it looks. I'm very happy with my purchase.

No comments: